Saturday, March 14, 2020

lion king. Part II, by Dr k Prabhakar Rao

Lion king.   Part II

it is a inquiry hall  at Hyderabad where a magestrial  inquiry is being conducted wrt to killing of an intruder in lions enclosure at Hyderabad zoo.. Zoo officials , animal keepers, security persons are available with doctors if an hospital. the lion is also brought in a cage with a lock. Some armed guards are present. Friends of Osman who were playing are also present.

in the hall the magistrate is seated. Other officials are also seated in another room. All facilities are provided in the hAll
the inquiry begins

Magistrate reads out the convening order by the govt ordering the inquiry into the killing of an intruder Osman in zoo by a lion in the enclosure.

Magistrate.   Please call Narsimha here who is the first person to report the matter to the curator.

Narsimha is called and he arrives. He is made to sit

Magistrate.. so you are Mr Narsimha. Please tell me how  you came to know about the incident
Narsimha.. Sir at about 1000 hrs  ,I heard the lion roaring loudly and it was unusual. I was a bit worried because the lions at that time do not roar and  I have been taking care of lions for the last 15 years.
Magistrate. So what you did then?
Narsimha.. I went to the lions enclosure. it has a strong Stella gate with  iron grills. I peeped through the grill of the gate. I saw. The lion sitting at a dead body that was soaked in blood. the lion was still angry and snarling.
Magistrate,. Then what you did?
Narsimha. Sir I ran to curators office to report the matter and  curator was sitting in the office. He saw me perspiring and I reported the matter to him. he immediately got up from his chair and  said we have to see the spot immediately. We rushed to the enclosure with some armed guards.
Magistrate, At what time you were present at the enclosure..
Narsimha .. At 1020 hrs.

Magistrate. Please call the curator.

Curator arrives and Is Made to sit

Magistrate.. Please  narrate what you have done after Narsimha told you everything test happened in lions enclosure.

Curator.. Once Narsimha told me things as stated by him I rushed to the enclosure along with some guards and Narsimha. There I found the lion sitting near the dead body.It appeared angry and was growling. On seeing me it displayed its sharp canine teeth.  From distance  I examined the area and there was no scope for any one to enter the enclosure. One long wall that is very high. Forms one side of the enclosure. The wall is along the main road that U.S. Busy with traffic. I realised the only way for some one to enter was to jump from a tree that U.S. Outside the wall on the road side. Most probably the person climbed the tree from roadside, crossed over the wall on a tree branch and jumped inside. he must have landed very close to a lion that was relaxing on the ground and it got scared and as instinct he attacked the intruder and killed him on the spot.

Magistrate. Why the person jumped, what he would gain.does he know it  would be lions enclosure.

Curator . I do not know why he jumped inside..
Magistrate.. I want the police inspector who investigated the case.. Pl call him.

The Inspector arrives and made to sit down

Magistrate.. Look inspector what us the name of the des eased.
inspector.. Osman
Magistrate. How did you know.
inspector.  Osman and few if his friends were playing outside the zoo wall. When Osman jumped into zoo after climbing the tree to retrieve the ball with which they were playing the boys ran away home and reported the matter to is mans parents. the parents and boys came to see the dead body at. The hospital. I learnt this at hospital from them. They identified the body and gave me in writing .

Magistrate.. I want to see the lion

inspector.. it is in a cage. it can not come here. We have to go and see the lion at Thecage.

Magistrate.. We shall go to the cage.

Magistrate, curator , Narsimha and Inspector go to  the cage outside the room. Magistrate goes close to the cage and looks at the grown up lion

Magistrate. So this us the lion that killed Osman

Curator. True sir.

Magistrate..( looking at the lion) Did you kill Osman in your zoo enclosure.

Lion.I do not know who he was.He jumped on me from the tree

Magistrate. So.  You killed him

Lion.yes. do you think I will kiss him.I am a lion. Grrr..grrr

Magistrate...you can not answer me like this. I am a magistrate. You have to be humble while answering me.
lion. Look Mr magistrate, you may be any body.I am the lion. The king of jungle. I can not change my nature. if some one jumps on me from overhead, what should I feel? I feel that I have been attacked by some one. My reaction is immediate.My instinct is retaliation. I did that. When a lion attacks it will kill.. he was a mere human being. No match for a lion. one strike of my paw silenced him . It is none of my fault.

Magistrate.. Ok , ok, now let us go back into the room

They get back into the room.

Magistrate. Call the friends of Isman who were playing on the road. They are called and they assemble in the room

Magistrate.  Were you playing with Osman on the fateful day

All boys.. Yes sir

Magistrate.. Why did Osman jump into zoo compound.

Boys.. Sir . We were playing with a ball and bat.osman was batting. while playing he hit the ball with great force and high. the ball sailed over the zoo wall and fell inside
Magistrate. Then what happened?

Boys. We did not know what to do. We had no money to purchase another ball immediately. Suddenly Osman said I shall bring the ball and climbed the. Tree, walked and crawled over a large branch  and jumped into zoo compound

Magistrate. do you   Know that there is a lion enclosure behind don't the wall

Boys. No we do not know.
Magistrate. Then what happened?

  Boys With in seconds we hears great roars of a lion and shrieks of Osman. Then there was silence. We were scared and ran away from the place

Magistrate. Do you inform any one.

Boys. We went to Osman house and informed hisparents.

. Magistrate..Ok . Please go.
he calls police inspector.

Magistrate. Please give me a copy of post mortem report and copy of certification of the dead body by the parents.
 Now the enquiry is over. Very soon I will game over the report to the  authorities. Ok. All can go now. But please inform them that if required they may be called again. Let them not leave city for next ten ten days. Thank you.

No comments: