Tuesday, August 3, 2010

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN.132

SCENE.. 132


(It is the road leading from Hyderabad to Nizamabad. ` Gandhi, Nehru and Patel are seen walking on the road. Away from Hyderabad close toNizamabad, they see a person sitting on roadside weeping. They halt to enquire.)

Gandhi. Bhai. What happened? Why are you crying?

Stranger. How does it matter to you? How you are affected? I can weep, cry and sob. This is democracy. I have all the rights.

Patel. Bapu. He is a strange guy. Look ,how he replies.

Gandhi. I feel sorry for him. He must be surely under some shock. We must help him.

Nehru. Oh Bhai. It is Ok, You have all the rights in this Indian democracy that have been guaranteed under the great constitution written by our peers. But we want to know why you want to cry. Usually people want to be happy.

Stranger. Please do not call Bhai I am Bhai of no one. I am alone ( sings)

Ab kaun hai mera..kaho ab kaun hai mera
Faryaad hai…
Faryaadhai Takdeer ne loota haiBasera
Mera loota hai BaseraAb kaun hai mera….. ( Song by great actor singer Surendra nath from Anmol Ghadi.. 1946)

Patel. Ohfo. Please stop crying.

Stranger. I am happy crying.( Sings)

I am happy to cry
To stop me why you should try
To cry hoarse is my hobby
Although it might look shabby

Gandhi Ohfo. I am getting vexed up. Patel do something strong with this nut.

Patel. Better behave you guy. I am getting vexed up. I shall give you one smack and you shall forget crying

Stranger. Please do not beat me. My name is Udaasi chand.

Patel. Now tell me why you were weeping?

Uddasi. I was crying and not weeping.

Patel. Both are same.

Uddasi. Both are different. Shall I demonstrate both?

Gandhi. Please no. Enough of it we had. Tell us why you were weeping or crying?

Uddasi. I am the admirer of Mr Srinivas the AP Congress President.

Patel. It is Ok. But why to cry?Is he not all right?

Gandhi. Has he fallen sick?

Nehru. Has he met any accident?

Uddasi. Nothing of that sort happened. He is fine. Hale and healthy and kicking around.

Patel. Then why you must be very unhappy?

Uddasi. Sir. He lost the bye election at Nizamabad…eee…eeeeaaa….aa……aaaa….waaa..baaaaa

Gandhi. These are games. Some on will win and some one will loose. How it matters?

Uddasi. But this election was special

Patel. How?

Uddasi. Sir. He once lost in general elections when YSR became the CM.

Patel. We know that. But still he was made the congress president and he continued.

Uddasi. This time he wanted to win at any cost..

Nehru. Oh I see.

Gandhi.( Staring in different directions )I do not see any thing Jawaharlal

Nehru. Ohfo. Bapu. I have not seen anything. I only gave out exclamation.

Gandhi. That’s I fine if it is so.

Uddasi. Mr srinivas was so sure of winning that he stated and declared that he would become CM if he won. ( cries)aa…aa…aaa…eeee…eeee

Patel. He was so over confident.

Uddasi. Sir we were all sure. I do not know what happened.

Patel. What will happen? People have not voted for him.

Nehru. If he had not contested, it would have been better. Now his position would become very awkward. How can a person who can not win at election continue as a congress party in the state? Any one will ask this question.

Patel. True. What you said is hundred percent correct. He can not lead congress in state.

Uddasi .eee..eee…eee…e….eaa….waaa. That means he will not have present status even

Patel. This has to be decided by high command of party. These guys have no voice . They are like sheep. They can only nod heads and sing….three bags full..

Gandhi. Haa..haa..haa . well said.. He might still enjoy perks as congress party chief in state if high command wants. So Mr Uddasi , Please do not cry or weep. He may still be the chief of party. Rosiah will continue as CM. hee..heee

Patel. Poor Rosiah must not be having sleep all these days…hee…heeee. This is all the reason for him to celebrate the occasion.

Gandhi. Patel. Who won maximum seats?

Patel. Bapu. TRS ( Telanana Rashtra Samith) won hands down. It is the voice of Telangana. Krishan Committee will have tough time now while giving recommendations in December this year

Gandhi. That is none of our head ache.

Patel. Bapu. We can not have headache because we are already dead

Gandhi. True. Hee…heee. ( looking at the stranger) Uddasi. Please go home and enjoy life. Why waste your time for these political figures.Youwill not gain any thing.

Uddasi. True

Gandhi. Patel. Enough of fun for today. Let us go

Patel . OK Bapu. Let us go.

(The trio walk away)

CURTAIN FALLS

No comments: