Monday, October 18, 2010

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN...149

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN…149

Dr K Prabhakar Rao


(Gandhi, Nehru and Patel are seen walking on a street in heavens. Gandhi as usual is seen singing Ramdhun.)

Gandhi. Raghupathi raghava Raja Ram. Pathhetha pavana seetha ram

( Gandhi notices that Nehru and patel are not singing while following him. He is surprised.

Gandhi. Jawaharlal, What happened? Did you forget the song?

Nehru ( Wakes up suddenly) No Bapu. I was a bit lost in thoughts

Gandhi. How about you Patel? You were also not singing.

Patel. Nothing like that. Just I did not sing

Gnadhi. Why. Don’t you like this song?

Patel. Not like that. I am not in mood .

Gandhi. Oh I see. What happened?

Patel. I am upset at Kashmir issuie

Gandhi. What happened now?

Patel. Do you know that kid Omar Abdullah in Kashmir?

Gandhi. I do not him. Who is he? I know Sheikh Abdullah of 1947 vintage.

Patel. This guy is the grand son of that guy.
.
Gandhi. Why this guy is being remembered?

Patel. Bapou. His father Farookh Abdullah son of Shikh Abdullah made this guy CM of the trouble torn state

Gandhi. Does he have some experience to take up that job?

Patel. This guy has nothing. He knows to dress himself in western suit and traditional Kashmiri dress and cap. He is the pal of Rahul.

Nehru. Is it a crime to be pal of my Rahul the prince charming?

Gandhi. Who is this prince?

Patel. He is Rahul, Congress stooges call him so to do chamchagiri and as a part of bootlicking. They dance around him hoping to get some left over when he occupies the throne. Look at this Bapu.

( Patel pats the dog and it shouts bow..wow. oooo…oooo)

Gandhi.Patel. Stop playing with that dog. We were talking something. Are they so sure that he would sit on the throne?

Patel. I think so. No other guy can become after Man Mohan singh who is just guarding the seat for him and keeping it warm.

Gandhi. I pity Pranab Mukherjee

Patel. I also do. Bapu, we deviated from Kashmir.

Gandhi. Yeah , we were discussing Omar. Now what is the problem?

Patel. There is no other problem. He is the problem..

Gandhi. Why so ?

Patel. Bapu. This Omar has declared in assembly that Kashmir has not merged with India and it only acceded to India. He is such a clueless guy and he is the CM of the state.

Gandhi. Why he did so.

Patel. Obviously to please the separatists in the state who are masterminding the agitation. Bapu. This agitation is peculiar. Guys are specializing in stone throwing at security forces.

Gandhi. Has Kashmit culture changed from hospitality to stone pelting?

Patel. It looks so.

Gandhi. Haa…haaa. It is great..

Patel. Bapu. He also said that he was not the stooge of Delhi

Gandhi. Has he said that. He is daring, I must accept.

Patel. He got sentimental, I am sure. This is what happens when immature guys are made to sit in important positions. You made Nehru the PM. You know also how he screwed up India, Committed blunders one after the other.

Nehru. Look Bapu, He is after me gain. He was talking about Omar and now is back at me. Eee…eeee.. ( Cries)

Patel. Look Jawaharlal. Plesae do not weep.

Gandhi. What happened to Omar now. Is he still the CM?

Patel Yes Bapu, He is very much there. The center is clueless. It does not know what to do. They should put his father in chair instead of the kid ruining the state.

Gandhi. True.

Patel. Bapu, He is probably trying to become another sheikh Abdullah try to toe line of Pakistan. You know Bapu, The Sheikh was put in prison for some time.

Gandhi. But this guy is immature. Sheikh was called lion of Kashmir.

Nehru. There are no lions in Kashmir. They died long ago. Only cats and some snow leopards are there now.

Gandhi. hee… hee.…

(Suddenly mewing of a cat is heard behind them. They look back and find an old stocky man sporting Kashmiri fez cap)

Stranger. Hello Gandhi Sahib, I am Sheikh Abdullah the lion of Kashmir.

Patel. Namste Sheikh Sahib. But you were mewing. No lions roar is heard.

Gandhi. Ram, ram Sheikh Sahib. How are you?

Sheikh. I heard you guys were talking about me. I landed here.

Gandhi. That was nice. I saw you after long time.

Shaikh. Gandhi sahib. My grand son is ruling Kashmir now. Do you know that?

Patel. Plesae do not call ruling. He is the CM.
.
Sheikh. Yes. As a CM he is ruling.


Patel. But the word is used for kings, Not for elected representatives. They can be removed at any time if things do not work.

Sheikh. Who the hell is dare enough to touch my grandson?.

Patel. No one individual is interested. Constitution is there He has gone crazy. He is making all types of statements in assembly. Bal Thackeray called his insane and one who has lost mental balance. He also said Omar needs mental treatment and Shiv Sena would bear the cost of treatment.

Sheikh. Oh no. I must take care of that gujy. Plesae leave me . I am going.

( Shiekh Abdullah runs away in haste)

Patel. Hee…heee.. What a fun!

Gaandhi. Patel. You really scared him off. Poor guy.I pity him.

Patel. Why should we have pity on him. He has paid enough of politics. Omar is trying to learn his tricks.

Gandhi. I see. I do not know much of these. I was killed in 1948 by Godse and after that incident Kashmir issue became more complex. Thanks to Jawaharlal.

Nehru. Bapu. You are also blaming me. Eee…eee

Gandhi. Then whom should I blame. You did not allow Patel to handle Kashmir and bungled everything for your personal glory.

Nehru. Bapu. I can not take this blame..ee…eee….eeee….

Gandhi. Plesae dot cry like a child. Better control yourself. Patel. Let us go. Enough for today. This guy is crying and things are embarrassing

Patel. OK Bapu. Let us go

( The trio walks off )


CURTAIN FALLS

No comments: