Sunday, May 2, 2010

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN...111 ( Part I)

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN…... 111 ( Part I )

Dr K Prabhakar Rao

( Indira Gandhi, Nehru, Rajeev Gandhi and General Sundeerjee are seen sitting in a room in heavens)

Nehru. I hope Bapu is fine .

Indira. I am sure Mahadev desai will accompany Bapu and Take part in discussions

Sunderjee. I am sure he will do it. But Bapu has become very sick.

Nehru. What to do?

( Mahadev Desai brings Bapu in a wheel chair. Bapu appears alert. He is seen reciting Ramdhun and occasionally blinking too. Every one gets up and wishes Bapu)

Bapu. I am sure all of you are fine. Please do not worry about me. I have been like this ever since I came to heavens after getting shot down by Godse. I am very grateful to him for shooting me down

Nehru. Bapu. Please do not say that. We are hurt.

Gandhi. If Godse has not killed me then probably I would have committed suicide unable to see the fall in standards in India, particularly in political leaders.( He looks at sky).. Oh Godse sahib. Where are you? I am greatly indebted to you. You were so sure and prompt and determined too. You made sure that I died without saying a word. I am very thankful to you for that. I am happy that you did not make half hearted attempt on me as done by some guy by throwing bomb at me earlier. I am happy that you used a good Italian semi auto pistol that ensured that I died on the spot.

Indira. Bapu. Please do not be so harsh on us. Changes do occur in any country. Political degradation is very common in all countries. So is India

Gandhi. Indira. Please stay quiet. I am already upset with happenings in India after my death.

( In the mean time, great Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in full INA uniform walks- in goose stepping. Marshal music is heard. Indira and Rajiv rise and greet Netaji with folded hands. General Sunderjee looks lost and after hesitating for few seconds smartly salutes. Netaji. Subhash wishes Bapu and Nehru. Nehru walks to Netaji and embraces him. Tears roll down from their eyes. Bapu tries to get up, but he is too weak. Subhas goes to Bapu.)

Subhas, Jai hind Bapu. Sorry to see you in this state. You have taken things to heart.

Gandhi. So many years have passed since I saw you. Where were you? Jawaharlal and you were my eyes. When you left India I felt that I lost one eye. Cries.. eee..eeee…ee..aaa…aaaaa

Subhas. What to do Bapu? Our aim was to get independence. I felt that your theory of non violence would not work. I thought that the English men should be bodily thrown out and World War II was an opportunity for me.

Nehru. But you could not succeed. What is the use?

Subhas. Jawaharlal. Some times one becomes victim of circumstances. No one thought that Japanese would surrender. Who imagined that USA would bomb Nagasaki and Hiroshima? That made big difference. Every one was sure that it was a matter of time for surrender of British Army in India. We were already in India at east. I also established Azad Hindustan in Singapore. The foundations of British crown were severely shaken and they knew that their rule in India was short lived..

Nehru. You were with axis powers and many doubted you.

Subhas. I joined Hitler to throw out the English and get independence. I would have re established democracy if I succeeded. I never wanted to be a dictator. It is a different story that Hitler failed in his mission.

Gandhi. Many doubted you.

Subhas. Bapu. Many think many things, we can not stop them. I failed to liberate India with the help of Japanese.

( In the mean time Major Gen Shah Nawaz khan of INA enters the room. Marshal music is also heard. He smartly salutes subhas and Gandhiji. To others he says hello including General Sunderjee.)

Nawaz. Look friends. What a sorry state today. We gave democracy to India and see what is there today?

Subhas. A country that gets freedom by begging will never understand the meaning of freedom and would value it. They would surely misuse it. That is happening now. All though I like democracy, Indians have misused it. We have not risen to occasion. Dynastic rules have become order of the day. I knew this would happen. It is a shame and disgusting too.

Nehru. Are you referring to me?

Subhas. I did not say about you in particular.

Nehru. We feel bad because your views are different and do not conform to that of Bapu.
Nawaz. Every one will have their views. We can not stop them. Netaji has been a great fighter and leader and fought for freedom of India. Yet the government in India has own views and underplayed his memor.

Nehru. What you want to say General? Be specific.

Nawaz. I shall surely say. I have no regrets.

Subhas, Why he should tell? I shall reveal truth.

Gandhi. Subhash.What is that truth which I do not know?

Subhash. You guys have underplayed my memory. There was systematic white washing of my achievements . In the school text books my deeds and role have been omitted. My achievements are written in one sentence. Deeds of INA are ignored Even Indian parliament failed to display my photograph for many years while all nuts and bolts were displayed. Why it should be like that?

Nehru. I do not want to say anything on this issue.

Nawaz. I am not demanding any memorial for us. But I am only trying to bring out that injustice done to the memory of Netaji by the Indian leaders and govt.

Subhas. Gen Nawaz. We should not hurt their sentiments. Whether some one appreciates the greatness of INA or not, these memorials have no meaning. In the melee of Bapus grave all will be lost. The dignitaries visiting India would be lost in visiting the graves one by one. First they go to Rajghat, then to Shativan, Sanjay’s Samadhi, Indira’s Samadhi (shaktisthal), Rajiv Samadhi, May more will soon come. The spend whole day visiting the graves and then will fly off in the evening. I do not want to be in that crowd.

Nawaz. Hee…heee…heee Well said sir.. Sir in that case future generations will forget us.

Subhas. Our memory is immortal. People are remembered by their deeds. Not by their graves.

Gandhi. Very well said Subhash. You hit the nail. I feel now very much for you. How much difference would have made if you stayed with us. History of India would have been different. But the God felt differently

Nehru. Or else, how I would have become the PM of free India? How I would have established my dynasty?…. Bapu I am not feeling well. I want to go

Indira. Dad I also want to come

Rajiv. Grand pa and mom I am also coming.

Subhash. You guys .Do not run away. Face realities

Gandhi. Rajiv. You stay back. I have work with you.

Sunderje. May I go sir?

Gnadhi. You can not go like this. I got you here. If you try to go, you will be dead

Sunderjee.. eee…eeee… Bapu. Please save me. I do not want to die.

Subhas. Relax. General Why are you scared of death? You are a military man. You know INA soldiers just walked to death on just a word.. ‘Delhi Chalo”. That was the spirit they had.. I do not know what type of stuff you are made of.

Gandhi . Bose. Leave him alone. Sunderjee. Be ready. I shall send you to India. You can enjoy Ooty again. You are not of much use to us here. I think there is no fear of Sikh Militants. I think they forgot you. They might have thought why kill a dead man. Probably they thought bullets will be wasted.

Sunderjee. Thanks Bapu.

(Gandhi closes his eyes, utters few words with in him… “choomatar. Abracadabra.. Ramm.. Ram apna.. Sunderjee Bhagana … oofff…oofff”. Sunderjee vanishes)



Continued

No comments: