Sunday, May 23, 2010

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN...115

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN ----115

Dr K Prabhakar Rao

(Gandhi and Patel are seen sitting in a park in heavens. Many people are around busy talking to each other, Gandhi occasionally says Ram Ram …)

Gandhi – Look Patel, the park is full of sinners

Patel – Why Bapu? Are we also sinners in that case because we are with them?

Gandhi –True. It is believed that souls that have less good deeds to their credit first come over to heavens enjoy for some time and they are then taken away to hell.

Patel – I see…..

(In the mean time, some commotion is heard in the park. Gandhi and Patel rush to the spot, they see some evil looking demons are trying to drag away three persons from the park)

Gandhi – Mere Bhai, Ye kya Zulum hai (what is this oppression?) why you guys are dragging them.

Devil. Look. We are soldiers from hell. We have been ordered to bring these guys to hell.

Patel. Why? What they have done?

Devil: Their period of enjoyment is over. Now they have to suffer in hell

(The persons who are being dragged away run to Gandhi and fall on his feet; they are Ramnarain, Sitaram, Narayan)

Sitaram (Holding Gandhi’s feet). Please save me from these Devils. I am happy to be here.

Gandhi - But your days here are over. You have to now pay for bad deeds.

Sitaram : eee….eee….. I never knew this will happen to me

Gandhi – What all you have done?

Sitaram – Bhai, I was from Andhra Pradesh state in India and hail from Hyderabad city. I studied in Osmania University and got law degree. While in college and beat a professor because he caught me in exam while I was copying. I was debarred for one year. Later the Professor committed suicide and that sin has tuck to me. I was practicing advocate in the high court where for the next forty years I told lies, cheated my clients, court and earned money. I had a real estate business also. There I cheated my clients in building construction and land sales. I sold the same land several times to different people. In Banjara Hills area I built several houses with that money.

Gandhi – Oh How bad? What next ?

Sitaram – I was married when I was thirty. I had illicit relations with many women in the city. When my wife objected, I killed her and destroyed all evidence. It was shown off to be a suicide. I was a lawyer and I knew all tricks of the game. I joined politics and joined a popular party in the state. There is no crime I have not done as a political leader. You please name any crime in the Indian Penal code and You will be shocked to know that I committed each and every one without getting caught.. I was also a minister for a tenure. I only know what all I have done.

Patel : Other wise how you would become?

Gandhi. Look Sitaram. You narrated all your bad deeds. What are the good deeds you have done?.

Sitaram – Every Saturday I used to go to Saibaba Temple at Dilsukhnagar and pray to the Baba. I have also donated a silver crown to the Baba fro my black money. Every day in the morning I used to light a lamp and pray to the deity at my house.

Patel – That you would be safe and successful in your deeds.

Gandhi – You come to heavens for these dew good deeds. But these are very small ones. You have to suffer in hell because, you committed more sins. Please go away. I cannot help you.

Gandhi – Devil Sahib . How long he will stay there?

Devil – Probably for 3000 as per earth years.

Gandhi – Then what happens to him?

Devil. Most probably he would be reborn as a lizard.

Sitaram – eee ….eee.. chee….chee.. Bacho.. Bachao

(A devil thrashes Sitaram black and blue and drags him away. A dog that accompanys the devil keeps biting Sitaram while he is dragged away)

Patel – Horrible guy. Kutta Kainka ( dog indeed). That guy wants to stay in heavens. He is a crook, cheat and rascal

(In the mean time Ramnarayan runs to Babu)

Ram Narayan – Sir please help me. Save me from the devil.

Gandhi. What you have done Mr Ramnarayan for which you are being dragged away by the devils.


Ramnarayan – Sir I was born in a good family and was good also in studies. In Allopathy medicine I secured a MBBS Degree. I practiced medicine in Hyderabad.

Gandhi – That is very nice. But what went wrong?

Ramnarayan – Sir, I was an expert in illegal abortions and I must have terminated lakhs of pregnancies with my own hand in my clinic. I was also an expert in removing uterus from women on slightest cause and charged heavy fees too. I maintained contact with all labs and prescribed all types of tests to patients even if they were not required. I received commission from the labs for every test. Thus I made plenty of money. I instilled fear in patients when they came to me and ensured that they would always come to me. I used the sample medicines even if they are outdated and charged for them. I prescribed those medicines that were available in my clinic store only.

Gandhi. This is too bad.

Ramnarayan. I also exploited female nurses in my clinic to satisfy myself.

Patel. Have you done any thing good for which you came here?



Ramanarayan. I prayed to God regularly in the morning and lighted a lamp in the clinic. I also recited OM Jagadeesha Hare without fail.

Patel So you collected some good.

Devil. Come on enough of it. Your time is over ( gives a slap to Ramnarayan)

Gandhi. I can not do any thing. You have done all bad things. So please go and suffer

(The devils drag Ramnarayan thrashing him while a dog accompanying him bites Rama Narayan continuously).

Ramnarayan. Eee…eee..aa..aaa. Save me.. Save me

( Gandhi and Patel look other way while a devil drags Narayan away who frees himself and falls at the feet of Gandhi)

Narayan. Oh Bhai. Please save me..save me

Gandhi. What you have done?

Narayan. Sir I was an engineer in Municipal Corporation

Patel. What is your story although I can narrate what you have done?

Narayan. I belonged to a middle class family and studied B tech from AP. I always copied and passed my B tech Examination and was not caught single time. I never went to college except for examinations and managed to get attendance by paying money in the last minute. I also submitted a project report in final year that was already done by some one. No one could catch me. I secured a job in Municipal Corporation by recommendation and I know how much money I paid for it. I harassed all my clients for money who approached me for sanction of plans, sanction of lay outs and various approvals. Of course, I had to pay commission from top to bottom. I made tons of money all these years. I divorced my wife and married again. I also have another two illicit wives in the city and I take care of them well.

Gandhi. Any thing good you have done?

Narayan. I took care of my aged mother till she lived.

Devil. You guy. Shut up now. No more discussions. We are getting late. My boss will scold me If I do not take you quickly and put in boiling oil for four hours.

Narayan. Aaa…aa…eee….eee.. Bacho Mujhe is rakshas se

Devil What did you say? Rakhas.. me.. that too me.. then what are you?.. swine take this now from me..

( The devil picks up a knife and cuts the throat of Narayan and he screams. The devil kicks Narayan and drags him to hell)

Gandhi. Look Patel. Have you seen what happened to these guys? Horrible treatment. I do not know when our turn comes. I am scared.

Patel. Why get scared Bapu. One has to pay for his ills. We led India to freedom. But also accepted partition and that is the biggest sin we have done ( sings and does jig)

We have let down the Indians finally
And accepted two nations
People feel they were cheated.
And In India many go without rations

Gandhi. Patel.. But I am getting shivers. Uhh..uhh..uhh.. ee..ee.eeee.aa.. aaa.

(Patel holds Bapu and comforts him and Gandhi occasionally looks in the direction of devils and screams shivering)

CURTAIN FALLS

No comments: