Monday, November 8, 2010

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN...159

INTO THE PAST WITH PAIN …159

DR K Prabhakar Rao


(Gandhi, Patel and Nehru are seen at a park in heavens chit chatting. They are in good mood. Gandhi is seen playing a whistling tune relaxing on a bench.)

Patel. Bapu. You appear to be very happy today. What is the matter?

Gandhi. Mr. Patel. Why I should cry every day? What news you have for today?

Patel. What can be there Bapu? In India there is nothing more than scams, floods, pulling carpets under feet, agitations, praising each other in open functions. For every thing, Dharnas, strikes, loot mar is going on. The slogan to day in India is ,you scratch my back and I shall scratch yours.

Nehru. Hee..hee..heee

Patel. Why are you laughing Jawaharlal?

Nehru. There is nothing. Iam laughing at your frustration.

Patel. Iam not frustrated. Those get frustrated who expect great things to happen and do not see them happening,

Gandhi. A good definition really. You are a great reader of news paper. Couldn’t you find any news?

Patel. Let me see if something is there.

( Patel peeps through the news paper in his hand)

Patel. Yeah.. Something is there.

Gandhi. What is that?

Patel. There is a n all India congress session at Delhi.

Gandhi. Oh great. But that is not my congress. My congress died long ago. This congress in Indira Congress.

Nehru. How does it matter? Every where we are glorifying you. What else you want?

Gandhi. Will glorification be sufficient Jawaharlal?

Nehru. Bapu. What else you want? Should we hang ourselves?

Gandhi. Did I say that?

Patel. Jawaharlal. Is this way you reply Bapu, the great Bapu, Our Bapu?

Nehru. What can I do? He is much against my congress.

Patel. That is because you guys have screwed up the congress of Bapu.

Nehru. During my time it was OK. My daughter spoiled it. What can I do?

Patel. Better suck your thumb and do not reply Bapu. He is much upset over your congress.

Gandhi. Relax guys. We were talking about congress session. What happened there?

Patel. What can happen there? Just now I said you scratch my back and I shall scratch yours

( Does jig and sings)

Come and scratch my back
And I shall scratch yours sure
We play the game of eternal scratching now
My promise is definite and pure

Scratch scratch and scratch away
Come and scratch me all the way
I shall surely remember you very long
While my brains get oblong

Heee…heee..hee haaa..haa
Hoo..hoo..hoo haa..haaa
Hey..hey…hey…hey
Ou..ou..ou.. ou.. ou…ou.

Gandhi. Very well sung (Claps). Jawaharlal. Don’t you think you should clap?

Nehru. What is there to clap for this cockish song?

Gandhi. It is a great composition instantly. Can you do that?

Nehru. I do not think I should do that.

Gandhi. OK Nice of you. Patel. You mean there was nothing at the session except the top guys praised each other.

Patel. Bapu. Exactly. Same thing happened. They had nothing worthwhile to discuss.

Gandhi. Why? Were they so efficient and perfect?

Patel. Who said they were perfect?

Gandhi. I thought so.

Patel. There were so many scams in the country where the congress guys were involved. Nothing was discussed. They played safe.

Gandhi. It is a great shame. I do not think they have some priorities.

Patel. Definitely they had wrong priorities.

Patel. The first priority of Dr Man Mohan singh was to praise Sonia Gandhi and do chamcha giri all the time and it was very well reciprocated by her too.

Gandhi. What else they can do?

Patel. Hee..heee..haa..haa

Nehru. Bapu. Why do you discuss these things?

Gandhi. What is wrong in this? Is the session meant for these tricks and scratching each others back? Iam very much annoyed at these guys.

Patel. Let them be happy Bapu. They can not do anything. So they are happy like this.

Gandhi. True. I am happy that I did not see these things when I lived.

Patel. Where was the chance for you? You were sent packing with in a year of getting independence.

Gandhi. I am happy about it too. I must say thanks to Godse. He took me away. Or else, I would have seen all this shit around everywhere.

Patel. True Bapu.

Nehru. You guys have become completely anti Indira congress.

Gandhi. Why are you getting irked up Jawaharlal?

Nehru. Because I feel upset

Gandhi. Plesae relax. Enough of good things you have done.

Nehru. Bapu. Iam having severe headache. Kindly excuse me

( He goes away)

Gandhi. What type of guy he is? He is unable to accept facts.

Patel. He is highly egoistic .He feels he is a super PM.

Gandhi. Let him be happy in his dreams

Patel. True Bapu. Let us enjoy

Gandhi. OK , Fine

( Both hold hands and dance swinging hands and sing)

Thank God we are saved from India
That has been fully screwed by the congress men
The whole world laughs at the nation
While a cock is running after a virgin hen

(CURTAIN FALLS)

No comments: