WHY INDIA LOST WARS IN PAST LEADING TO ENSLAVEMENT?
Dr K Prabhakar Rao
India basically lost important battles leading to our subjugation at the hands of Islamic miscreants, thugs and killers pouring across western borders screaming jihad against kafirs. It is not that past Indians (Hindus) lacked valor, physical abilities, intelligence and stamina that are essential in winning wars. There are other most important characteristics. Hindus lacked certain aspects and these made difference. The most important characteristic was the self imposed moral rules in wars and code of conduct.
Ancient India had certain code of conduct during wars. These are discussed.
1. There will not be a fight between armies after sunset. At times, warriors even visited enemy camps with impunity after sunset.
An example will surely drive the point home how it was misused in those days. During Mahabharata war, there was great carnage at the hands of Bheeshmacharya the Kaurava scion. He could not be defeated by any one, even by Arjuna the greatest warrior of the times. Pandavas were very sure that they would be wiped out if the great grand seer was not killed. Therefore Dharma raja and lord Krishna visited Bheeshma Charya in the night and enquired how he could be defeated. The grand seer replied that as long as he held bow in his hand none could defeat him. He said he would not fight women, and those who became males having been women once. In such cases he would lay down weapons. Having got the clue Pandavas next day went to the battle field with Sikhadi on Arjuna chariot wilding bow and arrows while Arjuna hid behind. Sikhadi was born as woman and later was bestowed masculinity by divine powers. In her ( his) previous birth she was Amba who wanted to marry the king of Kashi (Varanasi) but she was deprived of her wish due to interference of Bheeshma before her marriage took place. Bheeshma who took oath to remain un married for life abducted sisters Amba, Ambika and Ambalika after defeating their father and Kasiraja and he desired that these girls be married to Vichitra veerya the son of Santanu maharaj ( Bheeshma’s father). Earlier the father of the sisters refused to give his daughters in marriage to Vichitra veerya.
Amba told her love affair with Kasiraja to Bheeshma who repented and he let her go. But she was not accepted by Kasiraja as he thought it was an insult. She then went to Bheeshma and requested him to marry her and this was not accepted by him. Frustrated she went to Lord Parsurama who was the guru of Bheeshma. The Guru desired that her wish be accepted, but the disciple did not accept as he was under the oath of celibacy. At last, Parsurama ( 6 th incarnation of Lord Vishnu) and Bheeshma decided to settle the matter through a duel and duly the duel took place. In the great duel, Parsurama could not defeat Bheeshma and he retreated leaving Amba helpless. Subsequently, Amba performed great penance and the Lord gave her a boon that in subsequent birth, she would be the cause for the death of Bheeshma. Satisfied but longing for revenge, Amba immolated herself in fire and she was born to king Drupada as a daughter. Subsequently she became a male and was named Sikhandi a great warrior.
Bheeshmacharya refused to fight with Sikhandi and dropped arms. Arjuna who was hiding behind Sikhandi wielded bow and fatal arrows pierced the body of great seer and he collapsed. Bheeshmacharya had divine boon from his mother Goddess Ganges that he could choose the time of his death at any point of time. He was made to rest on a bed of arrows like a true warrior and waited death till Uttarayana arrived. After death of Bheeshmacharya greatest hurdle in front of Pandavas was removed.
Thus in yore, code of conduct was very strictly implemented by true warriors. At times there were rare violations too by unscrupulous men.
2. Attacking an enemy from behind or by hiding is forbidden.
Even today this is sneered at and is not considered as chivalry. A true warrior will face enemy face to face. Attacking from behind is considered against the honor of the warrior. But in Mahabharata war violation took place in the case of slaying of Abhimanyu, the warrior son of Arjuna. The great warrior Abhimanyu was trapped in Chakravyooham during Mahbharatha war in the absence of his father Arjuna who was elsewhere fighting enemies. Abhimanyu was surrounded by Kaurava warriors Karna, Drona, Duhssasana and others. Abhimanyu’s bow was broken by the illustrious warrior Karna who shot an arrow from behind. This was most unexpected considering Karnas reputation as a true warrior. Probably, situations demanded such sinful act. Abhimanyu sneered at Karna at this act and Karna in fact was morally killed and he hung his head in shame. Subsequently, Abhimanyu died fighting overwhelming warriors single handedly on the battle field. Another example of Ramayana can be quoted. Sri Rama Killed Vali the vanara king of Kishkindha hiding behind a bush using a bow and arrow. Vali was fighting a duel with his brother Sugreeva. Ethically this was wrong although Lord Rama gave justification for killing him thus when Vali questioned him.
3. Attacking a single warrior in battle by many termed as unequal battle is forbidden
This was also violated in case of Abhimanyu who was killed in unequal battle
During Mahbharatha war.
4. Attacking an unarmed person is forbidden.
Abhimanyu lost all his weapons and he fought using the wheel of his broken chariot trying to defend himself using it as a shield. He was killed by many warriors who used bows and maces to kill him.
5...Attacking an enemy who is tired is forbidden
It was chivalrous to leave the enemy when he is tired. This happened in the case
of Ravana in Ramayana. Sri Rama allowed Ravana to retreat to his palace when he
was tired and lost weapons.
5. Shooting at a fleeing enemy or surrendered foe is forbidden.
Fleeing troops were allowed to escape and were not harmed in yore. Similarly those who surrender and seek asylum were protected and not killed. Vibheeshan brother of Ravana was fully protected by Rama when he surrendered.
6. Attacking without warning was forbidden
This was meticulously followed in yore. It indicates that surprsise attacks without warnings was forbidden. In past the armies challenged each other. They blew trumpets, conches, bugles and then charged. This has been stated in Mahabharatha as read inBhagavadgitha in the first chapter. Krishna blew conch Panchajanyam. Arjun handled Devadattam. Bheema blew Poundram.This indicates that enemy was alerted before attack took place.
7. Envoys who go to enemy camp for negotiations or discussions are not to be
Invariably this is followed even today although violations could be cited. In
Ramayana Hanuman claimed himself to be a envoy ( dootha) from Sri Rama when he was arrested and taken to Ravana. Earlier, Hanuman killed many well known warriors of Lanka including Akshaya kumar so of Ravana when they attacked him. In fact, Hanuman destroyed the garden in Lanka where Sita was kept captive. Consequently, tail of Hanuman was set aflame at the orders of Ravana as punishment for killing Rakshasa and damaging the property of Lanka. In turn Hanuman put lanka to fire and escaped. In another incident spy of Ravana, Suka charana were arrested by Vanaras when they were roaming in Rama’s garrison. But they were set free by Rama and were not harmed. Although Hanuman and others wanted these spies to be punished Sri Rama did not agree and they were let off. Invariably spies are arrested and put in jai if not executed summarily.
8. Although wars were fought between two groups, others were not harmed by the victor. Properties and field were not damaged. Women, civilians and children were not touched. Other edifices and temples were not touched.
Indian history is full of violations of above codes by the invaders while our men followed them meticulously. These are innumerable examples to support this.
1. . Buddhists offered their heads to Muslims to protect their convictions and suitably were beheaded by the Muslim invaders. ThereforeAfghanistan today is a Muslim country. They killed unarmed and surrendering Buddhists and they were exterminated.
2. Mohamed Ghaznavi attacked India several times and committed grave crimes on Hindus. He destroyed Somanth temple, looted valuables several hundred camel loads , Broke the linga and took away the stones to Kabul and they were spread in front of a mosque to be trampled daily by Muslims. The crimes committed by him can not be even penned. Our past PM Nehru glorified as Punditji (the learned) gave a clean chit to Mohd Ghaznavi in his book Discovery of India. What hypocrisy indeed? Such writings have misguided the minds al these years while the much acclaimed historians ( Marxist inspired) nodded heads like sheep while filing History books with mostly false information Such history has been pushed down the throats of young students at schools, colleges and Universities.
3. Prithviraj Chauhan pardoned Mohammed Ghori when he was captured and brought in front of him in chains. He was presented with costly robes and other valuables befitting royal treatment. The invader went back home only to return soon with larger army. Chauhan was defeated in battle of Tarain and was captured. He was put to death immediately. It is also claimed that Chauhan was blinded and taken to Kabul and was put in prison. His minister Chad Bhatt was also taken prisoner. It is also believed that Chauhan subsequently killed Ghori by using Sabdhabedhi baan (arrow) I full court and committed suicide along with Bhatt. Thus we see that the Muslim invaders had no scruples as per Hindu standards. They followed their standards of killing the enemy at first chance. This resulted in establishing of Muslim rule in India.
4. Alexander crossed Jhelum River at most unexpected place and surprised Porus the ruler of Taxila. Consequently in the ensuing battle Greeks won. Alexander did not give any warning to the enemy and thus succeeded in the battle. However he displayed chivalry and treated Porus in a befitting manner and made friendship with the looser and returned his kingdom. This was an exception. Islam did not make appearance on the world map at that time polluting the ethics of war.
5. Allauddin Khilji and Mohammed Bin Tughlaq in their invasions of South Indian kingdoms let loose a reign of terror and committed grave atrocities on conquered people of South India. They destroyed Warangal (Orugallu), Devagiri (Daulatabad in Maharashtra) and Dwara Samudram and Anegondi (Presently in Karnataka) kingdoms and killed natives in great numbers, forcibly converted them. Each and every temple in South India has been vandalized by them and these acts can be seen even today. In Rajahmundry in coastal Andhra Pradesh they destroyed a temple and built a mosque. This was one of the earliest vandalism of Hindu temples during the reign of Sultanate at Delhi. Building of Kuwaatul mosque at Delhi near Kutub Minar by Kutubuddin Aibek the first ruler of Sultanate in Delhi is well known. It was built after destroying the existing temple. It can be seen even today.
6. Baber the ruler from Kabul attacked Ibrahim Lodhi at Panipat in 1527and won the battle. He also won the battle at Khanwa and Chanderi. At all these places, he slaughtered thousands of captives and the flowing blood soaked the ground. He had to shift tents thrice. He made towers of skulls at these places and sat on the tower over a throne. He assumed the title Gazi meaning the protector of faith. This Baber wrote in his memoirs. Therefore it is very much true. Hindus never did such things to protect their faith.
7. Bahmani sultans ruling at Gulbarga and later at Bidar during 14 th. to 16 th centuries committed gravest crimes and took oath that they would kill atleast one lakh Kafirs every year. Conversion and killing Kafirs was their regular past time.
8. Destruction of Vijaynagar capital Hampi- Vijaynagar needs no elaboration that took place at the hands of jihadi Muslim armies of Deccani sultans after the defeat of Vijaynagar forces led by Aliya Ramaraya at Tallikota in 1565.There was betrayal by the treacherous Muslim generals of Ramaraya who switched over to the sultans resulting in the capture and killing of Ramaraya. The victorious Muslim armies stayed at Hampi Vijaynagar for months and put everything to fire and hammer. Nothing was left untouched. This type of vandalism is un heard and can not be seen any where in world. This single example is enough to prove the atrocities on the natives by the Islamic invaders in the past where there was neither code nor a conduct. Neither there was a character nor moral values.
9. Jalaluddin Akbar the much acclaimed Mughal emperor slaughtered 30,000 Rajput men, women and children at Chittorgarh after the fort fell to him. This has been stated in Akbar Nama by his court noble Abul Fazal.
10. Emperor Jahangir who ruled after Akbar, desecrated temples when he conquered Kangra fort. He killed a cow in the temple and destroyed the idol at Jwalamukhi temple. For these Muslim emperors, there was no code of conduct. Their only aim was Jihad and destroying temples and idols and rape of women. He persecuted Sikhs and executed Guru Arjun Devji on frivolous charges.
11 Aurangzeb destroyed most important and holiest shrines of Hindus throughout his wretched life. He tried to Islamize India but failed. Thanks to Shivaji and Guru Gobind singh. Shivaji and Guru Gobind singh practiced strict code of conduct with respect to women and edifices of other faiths. Aurangzeb persecuted Hindus after every campaign apart from regular persecution during peace time. He severely persecuted Sikhs and Guru Teg Bahadur was executed by him on silly charges. Aurangzeb can not be pardoned for his heinous crimes.
Thus we see that Muslim invaders, sultans and emperors practiced no ethics during war and their sole aim was to defeat, win, capture, loot, usurp, rape, destroy, deface, vandalize, burn, kill, abduct, insult, enslave the defeated population after every battle. They practiced all types of negative arts such as cheating, treachery, treason, engineering murder, playing tricks, telling lies, committing arson and loot, going back on promise for achieving their aims. All these traits can be identified with the Sultans and emperors who ruled India. However Hindu princes self imposed in the past had and followed code of conduct of war even while fighting wars with foreign invaders. Population did not suffer when two armies of native kings fought each other in remote past. They went on with their normal chores like cultivation, village crafts, cattle rearing and other activities. This was stated by Metastanis in his travel book Indica. They had no fear. But with invading Muslim armies conditions changed. The natives suffered greatly at the hands of the invaders. When the invading Muslims had no code of conduct where was the necessity of following self imposed code of conduct by the native kings? Yet they meticulously adhered to what they thought was right. Thus they suffered greatly. Mohd Ghori who was chivalrously let off by Chauhan after his capture did not receive similar treatment from Ghori. He was quickly slain by Ghori. If Chauhan had killed Ghori on first instant he would have saved India from great calamity of enslavement for the next 600 years. Unfortunately even MK Gandhi ( known to world as Mahatma meaning great soul) recently preached,’ if the enemy hits on your left cheek please show the right cheek too”. This Jesus also taught earlier. MK Gandhi no doubt copied Jesus from Bible but never reached the level of Jesus in any aspect. Gandhi was a mere politician while Jesus was a prophet. But this behavior did not work with the Muslims. They slapped us on both cheeks, laughed and went away with Pakistan. This is what happened in 1947 at the time of partition. Hindus did not learn lessons even after 600 years of Muslim rule, subjugation, torture, rape, murder and mayhem at their hands. Razakars- actions and atrocities are very much recent ones hardly 60 years old. The
Hindu kings should have taken adequate care and precautions with respect to the enemy and the defeats could have been prevented. The rather foolish kings expected proper conduct from the enemy and this did not happen. The Hindu rulers were defeated by treachery mostly and lost to Muslims. Examples are numerous. MaharanaKumbha defeated Sultan Mohammed Khilji of Malwa in 1437, captured him and brought him to his capital and put him in prison. However after 6 months he released him with all respects and gave him many gifts without expecting any thing in return. Having returned the Sultan for the next twenty years planned and attacked the Rana six times and lost. But there was great loss of lives during these wars. Rana Sanga in 1519 similarly defeated another Sultan Mohammed Khilji of Malwa and captured and he was put in prison for six months. The Rana finally let off the captive sultan with all dignity and presented him various gifts. The sultan in later years became a great head ache to Rana. The Hindu kings never learnt lessons.
The greatest tragedy is that in recent times during Kargil war the defense minister pleaded to the Pakistani military invaders at Kargil to kindly go back and gave them time to escape. Where was the necessity? Did these invaders have a change of heart and behaved well later. Never The terrorist activities increased. India defeated Pakistan in 1971 war and captured one lakh army men as prisoners. They were well fed, looked after and finally handed over to Pakistan without any bargaining by Mrs. Indira Gandhi. She never learnt any lesson from History. Did Pakistan change? No. They further increase terrorist activity not only in Kashmir, but also every where. General Zia ul Haque let loose militancy in Kashmir as a well planned move to bleed India eternally. How foolish are Indians even today! They never learnt lessons from past.
Thus Hindus are still following the self imposing code of conduct as a policy of appeasement to minorities and suffering at the hands of jihadi Muslims. They suffered greatly in past and are even suffering today. They would suffer in future too as there is no awakening among Hindus. What a tragedy? Our foolish kings in the past lost badly to the treacherous Muslim invaders as they failed to realize the cunningness of these invaders. Having realized that they had no scruples they should have taken adequate care in all wars and battles and if they had done, the history of India would have been different A these kings have disappeared. But saddest part is that the present foolish leaders have not learnt lessons and toeing the line of our past rulers. God save India.