Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Into the past with pain... 338

NTO THE PAST WITH PAIN...338
Dr K Prabhakar Rao
Gandhi, Nehru and Patel are seen at Hyderabad and are now at LB nagar junction trying to cross the road. Every time they try to cross over ,they see speeding vehicles and step back.
Gandhi. What is this? We are unable to cross the road for the last 20 minutes
Patel. Bapu, This is traffic time
Nehru. There is no traffic control .
Gandhi. I do not see any zebra crossings and signals for permitting crossing of the road
Patel.. Bapu This is Hyderabad ( sings )
Look bapu you gave freedom
And guys made it their fiefdom
All and sundry are in power
Sure to fall from the tower
Gandhi. Well said Patel
Patel. Look Bapu there is a police guy there. He is busy taking photos of vehicles for sending challans ( fine notices)
Gandhi So they are busy in filling govt coffers.
Patel. It is their number one job to day.Traffic control is the last priority
Nehru.. Bapu, look at that car without number plate. The car has a name Goud written on the dicky with Red paint..
Gandhi. Oh I see another car with name Reddy on the dicky. There is no number plate
Patel. But the constables are not taking the photos of the car or holding them up
Nehru. That means they are VIP
Patel. Look Bapu there is a new Innova van with red sticker Corporator
Gandhi. This is too much. A corpotator is a small fly in GHMC. How can he afford a Innova car? I also see some ruffian looking guys in the car
Patel. They are the chamchas ( sychophants) of the coporator who travel with him.
Gandhi. Are they body guards?
Patel. They are the muscle men of him. Whenever he goes to some house building sites, they go with him. It is a show of force. The guys threaten and try to fleece the builder . Recently there were many news paper reports about the corporators and their activities in the city.
Gandhi, what actions were taken by govt? Any idea?
Nehru. No news. They are back at the game
Gandhi. It is almost an hour and we have not crossed the road
Patel. True. Bapu there is a gap now. Some scooterist has fallen down and traffic has halted. Let us run across
(The trio dashes across the road and the vehicle of the corporator dashes against them. The bumper hits Bapu . He falls down yeling)
Bapu. Ho.. I am dead. I am hit. I am wounded. I am killed
(Patel and Nehru fall by Bapus side. They suffer bruises.)
(The Innova car tries to escape from the site by backing away and hits a huge buffalo standing behind his vehcle. The buffalo gets annoyed and drives its huge horns into the rear of the car. The rear windshield is shattered. Bumper is broken . Boot door is badly twisted . The driver gets down from the car)
Driver. Whose buffalo it is? I shall kill it.
( Buffalo gives a dirty look at the driver and shows its big horns. Driver backs out)
( A crowd collects there and traffic jam is created. Some Police men also arrive. They lift Bapu and take him to side. Patel and Nehru get up and follow Bapu. The constable takes the photo of Innova)
Driver. Hey Why are you taking the photo?
Constable. Why I should not?
Driver The vehicle belongs to the corporator
Constable. So what? It is involved in accident. It has knocked down three people and also a good buffalo. He pats the buffalo.
( The buffalo is happy with constable and licks him )
Constable. Relax buffalo amma. Nothing has happened to you.You are very strong and vehicle has been well damaged. They deserved it.
Buffalo..aangra....baaa
Gandi. Eee... aaa... eeee. I am dead. The innova has killed me eee..eee
Constable. Sir Please relax. We shall take you to hospital
Bapu. No requirement.
Constable. Why sir?’
Patel. There is no guarantee that proper doctors will be there at hospitals.We do not have money. They will fleece us. More over there are many reservation type doctors and management quota seat doctors. We are scared to get treated by them. They know nil.
Constable. No sir. Everything will be free at hospital.
Patel. Sir, You appear to be a good police man. But at hospitals things are very bad. Fleecing starts at the gate. First to admit we have to pay, Then to get a bed, to call a doctor, to get free medicines, to call a nurse, to call an attender.. for everything they will fleece us.
Constable. Do you have any health card?
Gandhi. How can we have? We died long ago.
Constable. Eeee... please no jokes, I see you are alive and talking.
Patel. That is the soul. We three died long ago.
Constable. I can not believe
(Corporator arrives in the mean time )
Corporator. What is the problem? Why my car is stopped? Dont you know this is my car. See the red sticker.
Constable. Look sir . All are same before law. You are no VVIP. Your car has no number plate. Are you so great that you put a red sticker?
Corporator. So what, I am the corporator of this area. How dare you speak to me like this?
Constable. Sir, If you have any problem wait for the SI and speak to him.
Corporator. How dare you guy? I shall see you. I shall get you posted to some naxal area.
Constable. You can not do anything. Are you joking. I am seizing your car immediately.
( In the meantime the SI arrives )
SI. Whats happening here?
Corporator. Look SI, My vehicle met a minor accident and I am being troubled.
SI. Law will take its own course
Corporator. I think you recognise me. If you don’t behave I shall see you
SI. Please see me now
Corporator. I shall talk to Home minister and DGP
SI, Do whatever you want to do. Do you think DGP has no other work. Dont act funny. Constables take this innova car to station.
Corporator. I shall see you... I shall see you.... aaa... aa How dare!
( He goes away from the spot fuming and fretting )
Gandhi. Oh Police brother I am ok, feeling better. We shall leave. Buffalo is also fine. We are going away. We can not run around police stations.
Driver. Now can I go?
Constable. No . A case has been booked against the car and you and corporator too.
Driver.. eee..eee kindly pardon us.
Constable. No nothing doing. You guys are required to be taught a lesson.
Patel. If you want I shall come to PS and be a witness
Constable. Thats good. Now you can go. Please come to LB nagar PS tmorrow at 1000 hrs
( In the mean time a recovery vehicle arrives and tows away the Innova.
(Gandhi, patel and Nehru walk away )
CURTAIN FALLS

No comments: